After a great time in Santa Barbara, I'm finally moving on. I will be going to Turkey for 3 months to be an au pair for a family. After that, who knows...but I'm excited for the possibilities.

About Me

My photo
California, United States

Thursday, February 12, 2009

On the way to Vienna...

The guys working at the shuttle station made sure I was going to the right airport and the bus driver knew English to ask domestic or international to know where to stop thank goodness! The airport shuttle bus was nice- spacious and high (funny seeing other people at the same level in other high trucks or buses). Did't take too long to get to the airport. I've only gone that way during the night so it was nice to see it during the day- really suprisingly green.

I think I arrived too early bc Vienna wasn't on any of the check in screens yet so I got my itinerary for Athens. There seemed to be a lot of flights to Germany and other more central/western European cities- good to know. The guy at passport control asked a million questions- I don't think I've ever gottan asked even one! Where are you from? Not China? Where are you going? Where are you going after that?

There was a huge duty free store and a ´street´filled with really nice shops (looked outdoorsy). I feel like you can't go throught security until your flight is on that screen which I don't really feel is effective- I just wanted to get to the gate. When Vienna did get on, there were other stragglers for a previous gate and for the other gate too so it took a while. And people were getting antsy and if the airport people asked for France passengers to come through, people would ask can we go (even though they were going to Vienna or Germany). The old guy in front of me took off his belt for security and had to hold up his pants haha. My flight was at 3:40pm but I don't think we even got through until 10 til then! It was maybe 4:30 by the time we took off. And even though I had a seat assigned, they took my stub and told people just sit wherever in economy- thank goodness I was near the front bc the overhead compartments were pretty filled by the time I got on board.

The flight was maybe an hour and a half and we even got a meal! I love Turkish airlines now :) Flying in I wondered why the ground looked odd- turns out it was just covered in snow! Brrrrr! My friend Marie and her boyfriend Tom came to pick me up at the airport! YAY

No comments:

Post a Comment