After a great time in Santa Barbara, I'm finally moving on. I will be going to Turkey for 3 months to be an au pair for a family. After that, who knows...but I'm excited for the possibilities.

About Me

My photo
California, United States

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Catch up- birthday and beyond

The 25th was the dad's bday and we went over to his parents for dinner. Had some yummy food and desserts- sugary cotton candy pistachio thing similar to what my family ate over the holidays from Hong Kong and a pudding like helva.

The big thing was Adriana Lima was in town for a show like deal or no deal. It's regular people with cardboard boxes and they are kinda like regulars except sometimes they can play for money. I guess the show has celebrity guests every month or so- Cristina Aguilera and 50 cent were the recent ones. Like the wheel of fortune it took forever!

Was hanging out with Mert since he has winter break- playing and practicing English. He's much more comfortable speaking it and quick to pick up phrases in our games. Lots of stuff to celebrate- Happy Chinese New Year, happy bday mom, happy bday me and my friend EJ!

Was trying to go to Egypt after seeing my friend in Vienna but it didn't work out so I bought tickets to Athens instead!! Not a bad substitution :) Had some time off on my bday to run errands in Kadiköy and had a lovely dinner at his parents. I was totally in the mood for seafood and the mom had fried fish- yum! Had a pretty good cake too. Packed for cold Vienna and warmer Athens- so looking forward to that!
Changed some money in town before I left- weird though I said Euros and the guys gave me a bunch of liras and then I said Euros again and I got Euros but some lira coins...Left Friday morning via taxi and airport shuttle after the family took off for their vacation to Çanakkale to visit the mom's family and her cousin's engagement party. Vienna and Athens here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment