After a great time in Santa Barbara, I'm finally moving on. I will be going to Turkey for 3 months to be an au pair for a family. After that, who knows...but I'm excited for the possibilities.

About Me

My photo
California, United States

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Back home

After a few carloads of stuff and the help of my parents, I've officially moved out of SB and back home for a week. I spent my last few days in SB with the house to myself amidst boxes and bags (no roomies unfortunately), but got to meet up with some friends for food and drinks! It was a fun way to say good bye to SB.

I've finally unpacked everything- so glad to be done! I've always liked packing more than unpacking and this was no exception. I was living out of boxes and sleeping on a fold out mattress back in SB so it's nice to be somewhat settled, even if it is at home. It's weird being in my old room and home in general though after living on my own since college- I tried redecorating but it doesn't feel like home like my place in SB did. And I get the feeling of permanence storing my things in the medicine cabinet or in my closet. But it's only less than a week and I'll be off- I better start packing soon! It's pretty dang cold here in Yorba Linda and in my house- Turkey won't be so bad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment