After a great time in Santa Barbara, I'm finally moving on. I will be going to Turkey for 3 months to be an au pair for a family. After that, who knows...but I'm excited for the possibilities.

About Me

My photo
California, United States

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lazy Sunday

The next day I decided to go to an early evening showing of Australia. I took the bus down along the shore and walked inland to get to Bağdat Street. I went further up than necessary on the bus so I slowly walked towards the movie theater and window shopped and people watched on my way. I actually didn't realize the theater was on the top level of the department store Marks & Spencer so I went on the side street and accidently opened an employee door who pointed around the corner. I thought he meant out front or the other side and gave up and decided to go inside and look around- but to my surprise I found the theater ha! I know some countries you pick your seat but I hadn't expected it here; I just knew there was about a 10 minute intermisson in the middle of the movie. It's weird because the movie just stops and starts, but I always have to use the bathroom during the movie so I did and it's assigned seating so you won't lose your seat! The ticket price was comprable to the US but the concessions I feel were way cheaper- about $3 for a small popcorn and bottle of water. The seats were comfy, the screen seemed really wide, stadium seating, and really good booming sound. Liked the movie!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Stef! So glad to hear you're having a good time in Turkey! Got my postcard! Love you, miss you, and continue to have an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete