After a great time in Santa Barbara, I'm finally moving on. I will be going to Turkey for 3 months to be an au pair for a family. After that, who knows...but I'm excited for the possibilities.

About Me

My photo
California, United States

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lounging around

Last Sunday, I took the bus towards the seashore at Caddeboston where in the warmer months people go to the beach. I sat at the boardwalk for a bit and people watched but it was chilly so I didn't stay long. I got off the bus further than I wanted (I was going to walk past the shops and cafes in that area) but another time. There's this 3 story Burger King with rooftop seating- one of the nicest BK's I've seen and surprisingly a drive through. I guess not only can you get pizza delivered but fast food like BK, McDonald's, and KFC!

I visited the other major department stoe Boyner and found a really cute purple and black plaid jacket a bıt longer and slimmer than my recently aquired pink one! The sales girls were nice and confirmed how cute it was on me. I found my way into a pub I saw earlier (but didn't know how to get in) because I saw people walk out of an unmarked door and also noticed from the outside it was on the 2nd floor. I was expecting Brits and fish and chips and good beer, but found smokiness, no English speaking people, a cheeseburger with a weird tomato sauce (other than that it was good and the fries too), and an ok Turkish pilsner Efes (but I prefer others). And I miss Habit even though the burger had onions and pickles and all the regular stuff. It was weird- the menu items were in English but the descriptions Turkish. I luckily found a small table by the window to people watch and read my book- Sense and Sensibility which I finished a couple days later.

I wanted to get the check but tea came instead so I drank it which I was thinking of getting anyway. I had thought of seeing a movie (because the Marks & Spencer was across the street) but I don't think anything good was out so I lounged longer at the so-called pub.

I planned on taking the bus back but popped into Mango to look around and got a really cute satiny top and a couple of long sleeved shirts. I walked down the street some more and stopped when I saw people waiting for a bus which happened to be going my way although it was a double decker one and the usual ones I take are not. My akbil finally ran out of money so I will have to refill it!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like someone is getting plenty of good shopping time in. you better make sure you have enough room to bring back everything.

    ReplyDelete